Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Woolie Post

Lots to ramble on about...but first the name that the "dog dish" coughed up was Kathie who said, "OH yes I would love to add these to my fabric scrap basket for future little quilts and added to my ongoing log cabin and nine patch blocks!
thanks LOVE those snowflake lights too fun, yes I am waiting for the white stuff too, I love the snow

it was 60 degrees yesterday here in NJ, how crazy is that?"

So Kathie send me your mailing address and out my scraps go to become a wonderful project at your house!  

I love sharing the joy and hibernating in my sewing room.  It means more UFO's done, more sharing and moving through the sadness.  I have loved all the support and personal experiences shared by you...it forever gives me HOPE, which I believe is Rosa's from Spain word for 2012!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own digital slideshow


I have a new challenge as of yesterday.  I signed up for the Christmas mystery BOM at BJ's.  First, no fabric purchased and no quilters were harmed in this first meeting...although this program may kill you, cause SOB, loose bowels and all manner of rashes! (this was said in a really fast pharmaceutical commercial voice)  Ok, here it comes...the rationalization.  I had to sign up for the BOM.  I owe it to the Woolies! To report on what is happening in the Central Oregon quilting community AND I finished Henrietta....you get it right???!!!  The challenge will be I can't buy any fabric and I have to get the block done before the first Sat. in Feb.  Vicki gives you all the block fabrics...just not the background.  I will have to scrap my background and hope for the best.  After all...this is for all of you...to show that one CAN survive a fabric diet!

Although I did not spend a penny on fabric at BJ's I did buy $18 worth of Girl Scout cookies for HH.  Cecelia was at 1st Sat with her mother who is her Daisy Troop leader.  They had some Show 'n Tell to share.


...and as you can see Cecelia has a Quilting Badge!  I feel better knowing that there is a next generation of quilter!


May your Sunday be filled with peace and a some stitching.

PS.  Thanks Mary for reminding me  that my 2012 word is "Grace" as I stood in line at BJ's...I forgot.

7 comments:

  1. Loved the BJ's pictures. Oh so tempting but we shall be strong! Henrietta looks great!
    See ya soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems we want to do too many things and just not enough time, maybe I should clean out all the clutter in my house and that would be something I don't have to clean or dust, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like fun was had by all. I love that you signed up for a BOM during your diet! Free fabric, and all you have to come up with is a background. Easy as falling off a log! I give you a "10" for good use of resources. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being over 300 followers! How can you spend $18 on Girl Scout cookies when they are $4 a box? Cecelia is too cute. I want to to get a quilting badge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the photos from BJ's - what gorgeous BOMs! Yes, you owe it to your woolie group to start a new BOM - what an incentive to get it done - free fabric - perfect for your diet! You're doing great, Anna - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete