Friday, January 13, 2012

Quiet River

Quiet River was mom's place in Bend.  When family or friends came the door was opened as long as you followed the "book of rules."  The Fabric Stalkers have been enjoying an in-town retreat each February when winter seems to be dragging on and we just needed a little girlfriend/sewing time.  It is different then our other retreats because we can zip away for appointments or obligations knowing our sewing machine and projects are waiting. 


The Fabric Stalkers made some Asian themed quilt blocks with Jane donating the center blocks in memory of mom.  Robin put the blocks together in a wonderful setting, pieced the border and then had our favorite LA quilt it up with all kinds of wonderful Asian designs.  She brought it over to me yesterday when 4 of us gathered for some sewing time.  Well...it blew me away!  My heart was beating so hard in my chest.  Although my mom believed quilting put weight on ((lol))...I know deep down she was proud that I could sew and she loved that the Fabric Stalkers stayed at Quiet River.  Even when we took a break from the retreat she continued to tell everyone in her neck of the woods that we were quilting away up here! LOL Robin pieced her initials in the border!!!  She would have loved this!!!



Absolutely stunning because of all the love and support woven into the quilt!


I love this border piecing!


This made me cry....I miss my mom but I am blessed with girlfriends.
(backing fabric made in Korea!)


They look innocent...


I know some of you have already seen this video but for those that have not it is a tribute to a woman...who lived life to the fullest and dragged her friends along!






Happy days at Quiet River!  The quilt will hang in the living room at Quiet River as a tribute to the power of friendship.

Have a fantastic Friday!

13 comments:

  1. Long live the friends!!
    Bye Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your mom is smiling at you in that photo. You can see the love between you two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a caring and sweet thing of your friends to do. It's a gorgious quilt. Your mom is sending you an extra smile from heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful tribute to you mom and a special piece from your friends.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful group of friends, to make such a special quilt in honor of your mom for you. It's place at the retreat is very fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!!!! Gives me chills and brings a tear to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great friendsand awesome quilt in honor of your Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome quilt and awesome friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful quilt from some VERY thoughtful friends!! Your mom would have loved it!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning and special quilt made by your friends and a beautiful tribute to your mom - what comfort it must be to know she lived life to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved seeing the video again...thanks so much for posting it. You have your mom's smile! love, Colleen

    ReplyDelete