Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Present For You!

Does anyone want these left over fabrics from my Henrietta Whiskers BOM?  If you do just leave me a comment and be a registered follower of the blog...oh yeah and be sure you are not a "no-reply" follower please so I can write you that you're a winner!  We'll see who the dog dish coughs up!

I am not a floral fabric kinda gal and so these fabrics were chosen by myself as a challenge.  Although I sometimes gagged through the project I really do think it turned out sweet.  I did change the finish because I wanted to have a square quilt.  Originally there was an upper and lower banner with wool applique.  Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs was so sweet to have put on this free BOM and I am glad I participated.




The sunrise was beautiful yesterday morning although you can't see it for all the trees. It is very different than our usual  winter.  We do tend to get a second summer in January. But, it is strange that we have had NO SNOW this winter.  Last night HH came home from work and decided to whisk me out of my hibernation to the Riverhouse for dinner.  During the dinner the employees of the Riverhouse were all excited because it was snowing outside.  ROFLOL...you can tell how desperate we are around here because that wasn't snow...but little tiny white things that melted as soon as it hit a surface.


The only snowflakes around here are these ones that HH strung along the back deck to encourage the Snow God.


Yesterday was again spent in quiet contemplation in my sewing room.  Trying to figure out which UFO I want to work on???  Where is that dang quilting slave driver???  In between straining my brain over what to work on... I had to make flight reservations to San Francisco next month for some business.  What a hoot!  All the extra fees are actually hysterically funny.  You can pay $349 dollars up front so you can take 2 bags every flight for a year.  You can pay $18 for trip insurance.  For $38 you can breeze through the security check????  Hummm wonder if the terrorist know this?  And, for some additional moola you can board first to get an overhead bin before anyone else instead of knocking people aside to get your bag in the bin first! Where is the fun in that?!

Have a grateful Saturday!

29 comments:

  1. I love floral fabrics. Please add my name to the pot. Thanks Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to use these floral fabrics. My kind of fabrics. Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you started the mystery quilt from sisters yet, its fun, I am doing it in very bright Tones, with precut strips. It hasnt moved along as fast as i would like cause of all the holiday distractions, and other stuff of course but hope to work on it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you decorated you porch. I have lots of scraps, so not for me;)
    I have never been on a plane, and now that there is so much trouble with baggage and waiting, I doubt I will, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be the winner of these floral prints. Thank you so much for thinking of all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute quilt! I would love to win these floral fabrics. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt looks awesome! I would love to win your extra fabric.
    Airlines sure know how to get us. A few bucks here and couple hundred there. Sheesh!
    I read your blog but I am usually not a commenter. When I saw those fabrics I was like ohhh, love those.
    Thanks for giveaway and good luck to all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anna, Love your leftover scraps! They are my colors, i'm keeping my fingers crossed! Your quilt is soooo cute! Don't take down those snowflakes, your deck looks great! Have a good quilting weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo I'd love those "leftovers." Your BOM turned out very nice. I don't see how you could ever gag over that. Your deck looks so pretty with the snowflake lights! We sure have had a mild winter so far in the northwest. I'm finally in my sewing room all day today. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anna, Henrietta turned out so cute. I just love it. Are you going to quilt it yourself or is this one for your favorite long arm quilter? I love florals...especially Moda, but I have bins filled with scraps already.

    I finished my Mariner's Compass quilt the end of November. Yay! Another UFO done. I have 4 more that are in the WIP stage. One I am considering abandoning as I really don't like it and it's not that far along. I'm currently working a queen sized paper pieced quilt for my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These floral fabrics look so pretty! I like how your quilt turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Henrietta Whiskers! It is on my list to do this year. :-) I'd love to incorporate your scraps into mine. :-) Thanks for the chance! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Add my name to the dog dish!! I love fabric and even treasured scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now I remember why I don't like to fly! lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. ADD MY NAME PLEASE!
    THANKS SO FOR SHARING!
    BLESSED NEW YEAR TO ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please add my name. I have a floral quilt on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's certainly not getting any cheaper to fly, but all the flights are booked to the hilt, it seems! Love your snowflake lights! ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to be the winner of your lovely scraps. Your deck is really nice. Thanks for offering to share your scraps with us! Lana D.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please add my name to the drawing, I love your quilt. The lights on the deck are great!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Would love to win some scraps. So nice of you to share.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your Henrietta Whiskers quilt - so cute! You should be proud of a great finish! What a nice deck you have decorated with the snowflake lights.

    CONGRATULATIONS ON 300!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such wonderful quilt.Are you going to hand quilted or machie quilted it?
    I love how you decorate your porch.

    Please,add my name.Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  23. Add me to the dog dish! :) I love scrappy quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Me too, me too, please!! Love your porch and quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on 300+ followers Anna. Please do not add my name to the dog dish.....I have my fabrics kitted for my Henrietta BOM just wanted to let you know I luv how yours turned out. Have a wonderful Sunday...(o: Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  26. OH yes I would love to add these to my fabric scrap basket for future little quilts and added to my ongoing log cabin and nine patch blocks!
    thanks LOVE those snowflake lights too fun, yes I am waiting for the white stuff too, I love the snow
    it was 60 degrees yesterday here in NJ, how crazy is that?
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'd love the the dog dish to "cough up" my name for this drawing. Thanks for the chance to win. I don't travel in the air much anymore, but your comments were a hoot! Thanks for keeping me up to date on that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I want in! I LOVE scraps! THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the snowflakes! And your quilt is beautiful! I would love to have your scraps. One woman's scraps are another woman's stash!:0
    My Sister made a several of the Bunny Hill blocks and they are adorable! She does a wonderful job too. She used some fine wale corduroy on her animals and they are so "touchable" ... you just want to pet them.
    I hope the terrorists don't know you can pay to zoom through security! Of all things! What is next?
    Cathy Byrd
    byrd@gulftel.com
    I am a new follower ... hope I did it right - I am so new to all of this - but will try to make sure I am not a no reply follower. :-)

    ReplyDelete