Saturday, December 10, 2011

Whooooaaaa Horsey!

This weekend is re-evaluation time.  I had a patient yesterday who gave me pause...to really look at the blessings in my life.  It is obvious when you see someone on the street corner with a sign that they are living through hard times but, it always breaks my heart when someone is my age or older who is just barely getting by...who is worried about gas money to get to their doctors appointments or surgery.  If there is one thing that I wish for this holiday season is that when we are walking through our lives whether shopping or rushing to appointments is to really look and see the people around us.  Sometimes it only takes a smile to make someone feel cared about.

Today's blog is not about horsey's! LOL  But about taking time and I am going to start my weekend with a jaunt down memory lane and then I am going to quilt my brains out (yeah!!!) and get some patterns organized for the start of the 12 days of Christmas Woolie Give Away starting on Dec. 13!!!!


Here is a photo of Colleen and I, a friendship that has been one of the blessings in my life.  We met at the age of 14, freshmen in high school.  I think we were 15 in this photo and it must have been a Friday which was "free dress day" since we were relegated to wearing grey/blue wool plaid skirts and saddle shoes Monday thru Thursday.  As you can tell we were HOT!!! Sizzzzzeling Hot back in those days! lol



And here we are at our annual "Fall, Meet in a City and Play Birthday weekend."  I am a month older than her so for that period of time I get to be the boss!  Since we now live in different states we must make an effort to plan.  Which in my mind means we really care about each other enough to place a priority on the relationship. The thing about Colleen that I pay attention to...is her ability to..."vivre pleinement sa vie"...which translates to, live life to the fullest. Some of the "normal" sensibilities are lost on her...so, I got two Christmas Cards this year...the second one just because she loved the card!  As I stood at my mail box feeling quite smug because I went there 2 days in a row, I noticed a card with her handwriting...but I had already received a card???  Colleen, you bring a smile to my face and make me laugh out loud.  I hope you have girlfriends in your life that make you laugh so hard you fart!


Look at her beautiful grand kids!!!


...and here is the card she couldn't pass up sending! it is demensional and feels good!
Happy Saturday  hope you slow down and feel the fabric...of life!

4 comments:

  1. Amen to that one! Much of the time people are in such a hurry to get to their destination, that they forget that the truly amazing part is the journey to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture! Great post and something we all need to remember. Have fun sewing today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you and your friend have kept in touch and can get together.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friends are certainly the sweetness in life!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete