Friday, December 2, 2011

Staycation


Yesterday HH decided to spend the day with me on a Staycation.  What did that mean???  We spent the entire day together as if we were on vacation. Cell Phone off!  Enzo in the back seat of the truck and we hit the road.  First we headed out to Sisters and had breakfast at The Gallery...yummy applesauce served as a side dish!  Then we hit every store that looked interesting and window shopped.  We tire kicked some real estate and then we skipped lunch choosing to have a latte and cookie.  Vacations are so great for just doing what you feel like.  Of course a visit to the Stitchin' Post was a requirement and I got some great photos of their latest displays. 

We got home in the late afternoon and rested up and walked to a local restaurant for dinner...after all on a Staycation, one doesn't cook!  We talked about the day, enjoyed the dinner and walked home in the dark carrying our flash light!  I really recommend a day spent in your hometown as if you were a tourist!  It really is wonderful!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Slideshow design personalized with Smilebox

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun way to spend the day. We do day trips, now if he could just get a day off;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my husband would do something like that - he likes to travel, but not in town. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. We call it "Date Day" but we do the same thing. We even go over the hill to Weaverville. And yes there is a cute quilt shop there too! I can't wait for my husband to feel better - I'm really ready for a "Date". I enjoyed the visit to the Stitchin' Post - I haven't been there in several years.

    ReplyDelete