Monday, December 12, 2011

Sew Many Quilts & The Challenge!

#2 of my favorite Christmas songs...my friend Bill Keale.  He has a wonderful voice and is one of the kindest people I know.  You can find his music on Amazon.  We played his music at mom's service and in the video that her nephew created in her memory...absolutely beautiful!


I spent yesterday afternoon at Sew Many Quilts with Pam's wool group.  Look at what my friend Lori has been up too!  Isn't Henrietta Whisker adorable!


...And we were lucky enough to have some show 'n tell!




Irene was working on a Christmas Tree ornament in commemoration of her son's trip to 
Washington D. C.  What a great idea to create a memory!


The afternoon was fun and being with people who are passionate about the same things...well, there is no better way to spend a Sunday!


And, now for the Challenge!!!  I have sooooo many UFO's, WIP's and PIG's in 2012...I plan to make that group smaller.  Starting in January I am going to finish one UFO each month!!! By the end of 2012 I will have 12 less...oh yeah..doing the happy dance!  Won't you join me in the Challenge.  On the last day of each month I will post a photo of my completed UFO and if you send me yours I'll post it on the blog!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful voice, have always been partial to male vocals;)
    Love the show and tell and love Lori's version of the BOM, really nice arrangement.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous voice and a wonderful song...I am going to Amazon right now and buy the CD! Okay, you have to humor your non-quilter friend...what the heck are UFO's, WIP's and PIG's? :-) Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love henrietta, I'm only on block 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me han encantado los quilts,son espectaculares!!

    Feliz semana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the video of your friend, and the song is one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing it!

    Our guild does an annual UFO contest, which just started. We have to give an accounting of how many we have to start with in each of three sizes. Then, at the end of the year we have to share how many of each of the three sizes we actually finished. The one with the most done, wins a prize. lol It's too bad that the prize is never someone offering to finish one of them, but I won second place in the last one with 7 finished UFO's.

    I'M IN!!! I have a total of 52 UFO's!! Actually, a couple of days ago I finished my first 2 of them, and am going to be working on finishing a 3rd item today. Do these 3 count or only the ones finished technically in 2012?? If they count, I'll send pictures...

    ReplyDelete