Saturday, December 3, 2011

Featured Quilter, Sandy Feigner!

I had a full day yesterday! Ya know...I am beginning to see a pattern!  If I was in prison and put in isolation, I would die in one hour!  I have NEVER been able to sit still...unless depressed...which I try to avoid.  In the course of life as I know it...I have driven teachers crazy (I did for a period of time, sit in 1st grade with 2 pieces of tape on my mouth),  had jobs that required movement, friends that tolerate hair brained ideas and a husband who is a saint.

Sooo, back to yesterday.  Staff meeting at 0700 which was very informative, shopping with Robin, a rush home to try and attach a sleeve to a quilt (this didn't happen) before my Mr. Honey Do (Terry) arrived with his boss, Bev to hang two quilt racks he designed and built (that is a future blog), ball tossing for Enzo, a 30 minute nap and then off to QuiltWorks for the premiere event of the month (Featured Quilter, Sandy Feigner & the Novel Idea quilts) then margaritas with HH and Robin...pheww I fell into bed last night and was still.

Back to the Premiere Event, the Oscars of Bend, the Golden Globe of the Quilt World, the Hall of Fame of QuiltWorks...First Friday at QuiltWorks.  I know I have said it before and I'll say it again, Marilyn and Dave provide such a wonderful venue for the local everyday quilters of Central Oregon.  They not only display quilts from authors and designers but the "you and me" of quilting.  Each month someone gets their 15 minutes of fame.  This months "star" is Sandy Feigner of Madras.  A prolific quilter who passion for "all things quilt" is shown in today's slide show.  She runs a farm operation with her DH and how she accomplishes so much, shows me...I am not the only one who has a problem with sitting still.  Tomorrow's blog I'll show you the Novel Idea Quilts. Enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own photo slideshow

3 comments:

  1. Another great slide show - love ALL her quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what gorgeous quilts. I loved seeing all of them. Thank you Anna, for sharing. Sandy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the wool quiilts...I gotta do something in wool soon! When in Sisters I visited QuiltWorks and loved the shop and the staff. I met Marilyn and found out we have a mutual acquaintance here in Gold Beach! I'll be back in town soon and plan to spend lots of time at the Bend and Sisters shops. Wool...wanna do wool...gonna get some wool...:) Jan

    ReplyDelete