Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sabado Tarde

Well, all the recent quilt shopping at Pioneer Quilts and Holly Hills means that I have to go to work today!  It is Robin and my weekend to work...and since she just got back from Puerto Rico vacationing on the beach...we both need to work!

Here is a really important tip about Transfer Eze...don't use it in really humid climates.  By the time Robin got her embroidery project out of her suitcase in Puerto Rico..it was really tacky feeling...hummm, never thougt about that!

On a person level...I have a problem Huston.  I love to reply to each persons comment...but...many of you have "no reply" which means even if I rely you will never see my response to your post.  Know that I respond to each comment, so if you have not recieved a personal response it means you have a "no reply" as your email address.  I checked on line and here is the answer on how to change the "no reply" to your email address.  "Edit your profile and check the box about allowing e-mail. I forget the exact wording. Your e-mail address is not displayed directly, but the profile would have a link that opens a message to you, and the blogger who has received your comment can relpy."  Clear as mud???

My friend Anne of Cottons 'n Wool is...like a decorating genius.  And, with the holidays coming she is gearing up for a decorating marathon.  It has been very encouraging for me.  I was not looking forward to the holidays...but listening to Anne talk about decorating got me all excited!  I am starting with a little at a time.  The wool snowman banner is actually a Bird Brain Design table runner.  I just made one half so I could make a banner! 


I tried to create a little holiday display!  Anne would be proud of me!


Don't forget the Give Away...only 8 more Woolies and I'll announce a winner!


11 comments:

  1. The display is really cute! I love the look you created with it! It's also bright and cheery with that blue background with it's little red coated snowman in the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Granddaughter is coming next weekend to help put up the tree. Seems like we just did that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to convert the table runner!! I love it. I have 2 of those stands. I think they are the best way to display small quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too funny! Love your decorating

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that snowman and he looks wonderful on top of your bureau.
    I still have my fall out, it comes down after thanksgiving.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Corney! I need bright and cheery! Lol Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn’t it amazing how time is flying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always trying to figure out different ways to use a pattern! Lol I also have two stands and feel quite smug about finally using one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Anne, you set the bar high…and, you bring lots of fun to life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie…I gave up on Fall except for my front door welcome banner. At least I have a little Christmas holiday stuff to put out…maybe in Jan. I should start working on Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new Snowman banner. The display looks festive and cheery :-)

    ReplyDelete