Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Homespun & Holly Workshop 2011

It is hard to describe how incredible the weekend was for me.  Down in California my mother's estate sale was being conducted.  The Homespun & Holly workshop and being with my friends really distracted me from what was going on in another part of my life. 

The retail therapy was awesome and as you can see from the photo below we took the medicine well! lol (Karen, I swear will make room for you next year!)



The Homespun & Holly Workshop 2011 was in it's 3rd year and featured two Moda designers, Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill and Karla Eisenach of Sweetwater designs along with local talents Debbie Busby of Wooden Spool Designs and Terri Staats of Sweet Treasures.  Each designer created a "Make 'n Take" project.  You sat with the designer who helped you start your project and for some eager quilters...finish their projects (oh yeah...I am talkin' about you Sandy).  About every hour and a half you would rotate to the next station...and, if you were fast you could fit some shopping time in between.  The classroom was beautifully decorated for the holidays and is located upstairs from the shop! Upon arriving each participant was given a jelly roll as a gift!!!  Thank you sooooo much Brian & Jan!!!  Remember, next year to have this much fun....all you had to do is register and bring basic sewing supplies (needles, scissors, thread, marking pencils) you will be  provided a kit to complete the individual projects!

Sandy and I were lucky enough to get a reservation at The Grand for our stay and I highly recommend this hotel if you need a place in the Tigard/Tualatin/Beaverton area!  It was very beautiful, clean and the beds were comfortable.  Breakfast which is included was perfect.

Enjoy the slide show of the Homespun & Holly Event and tomorrow I will post photos of my FINISHED event projects and post the details of the next Give Away!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own free digital slideshow

6 comments:

  1. That looks like fun, love the idea of going to stations to do different projects. Lots of nice patterns too, I need to get going and get to work on mine and stop blog hopping;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all helped the economy out, lol. Wonderful wonderful pictures of this event and the shop - great job. Don't you worry about me fitting in that truck - I'll make myself fit, lol.

    Hugs - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the smaller projects that you could feel some success and all the designers were so wonderful. Like you I need to get working!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know Karen I am patriotic and totally support the American quilting economy!!! Just to let you know Anne felt better driving in the snow with the increase in quilting airbags! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun you had! Those projects are all great!!! I'm sooooooo jealous! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Corney I wish you could have been there! You would have had a blast!

    ReplyDelete