Thursday, November 10, 2011

Holiday Quilts at QuiltWorks


I don't know...maybe it's because I need a little pick me up but I am feeling the holiday buzz already!  And when I went to Woolies one of the quilt displays from November's First Friday was holiday quilts.  The one above was made by the owner of QuiltWorks and you must click on it to view a larger photo because in the lower corner of the snowman is a small yellow spot with doggy prints in the snow walking away! LOL 

Here in Bend the air is crisp and I can already hear....Christmas music in my heart!  I had better break out a Christmas wool project to get me in the mood!  In my childhood family culture it was my dad and I that made the Christmas spirit arrive.  As an adult my mother every year would say...if it wasn't for you Christmas wouldn't arrive for the family.  A handful of years ago my then 70+ mother spun out in her pickup truck on a snow covered Hwy 97.  That ended her ventures to spend Christmas in Bend and she headed to my sisters house in Napa, California.  Plus my sister had the added benefit of a great grandchild for my mom.  But, mom knew I was still decking out the house here in Bend and this year I feel an addition pull to make the magic happen.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own digital slideshow

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny, i love it. The first holidays are always the hardest, but you will have the memories of Christmases past to fill your heart this year.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and sister are Korean and the holidays growing up were kinda lost on them...but my dad and I would get soooo excited and I think both my mom and sister appreciated the energy! lol

    ReplyDelete