Monday, November 14, 2011

Girl Trippin' 2

Holly Hills is like the Disneyland of Quilting.  The mother and son  team that conduct this engine are incredible along with all the gals who work there!  I  can only imagine what it takes to transform a shop into a quilter's paradise.  If you are ever in the state of Oregon this shop has to be a must stop!  You get a sense of the drama behind the scenes when you read Brian's blog which can be linked when you click on Holly Hills.  The latest shop drama was the arrival of the house...within a shop!  They had a little wood house, big enough to walk into built and set up inside the shop to hold their homespun collection!  It wasn't quite ready but you will see in the slide show what it looks like.

Brian has been working feverishly to deck the shop out for the holidays and it is magnificent!  And, if you are a Moda fabric fan you will have thought you had died and gone to Moda heaven!  I have slowed the timing of the slide show a little because of all the detail in the photos...warning...this is a cuppa coffee slide show!  If you hit the F11 key on your computer it will make the slide larger.  Then hit the F11 to shrink it again. 

Tomorrows blog will be about the "Event" itself which is just what the doctor ordered to get me out of my funk.  I know the "funk" in not totally gone and I will be in and out of that state for quite a while...but I have to say this past weekend was a wonderful diversion!  Take the time to check out a new blog I added to the Woolie blog list, Sweetwater Karla was one of the designers at the Holly Hills holiday event and I absolutely love her designs!  You can reach their Esty site through the blog.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free picture slideshow generated with Smilebox

8 comments:

  1. I want a quilt house, lol.
    That shop is heaven for quilters, I am getting shopping withdrawals;)

    I know when I am those kinds of funks, I need some fun days, our brains need a rest, just like the rest of our bodies.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I think you are right...that could be one of the happiest places on earth for a quilter! What an amazing store! I was awed right from the start with the argyle pumpkins and it just got better and better. Hope you enjoy your treasures you found there. Warms your heart with such a sweet day with your friends. Can't wait to see you pillow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's a neat shop! (note to self, stop in West Linn on the way to Portland next time!) Moda heaven indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the quilter equivalent of Disneyland! What a wondrous place to spend some time! I think that they must have invited me to come and live there because they even built me a little house! lol You had to have had a great time with your friends. Now I'll be looking forward to seeing your postage stamp pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I figure Debbie that is as close as I want to get to owning my own quilt shop!!! I am going to take your advice and give my brain a little rest tomorrow inbetween the meetings tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loris, aren't those argyle pumpkins a hoot! Can't wait to start that pillow but it may be a while...in the meantime...I am dreaming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terri I can't believe you haven't discovered it on previous trips...you were always so good at discovery! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Corney...I never thought about moving in! lol

    ReplyDelete