Saturday, October 1, 2011

Take Two Quilt Blocks and Call Me In The Morning...


It is when times are a challenge that you experience the most amazing gestures of caring...and so it was with the Fabric Stalkers.  They all contributed quilt blocks to a commemorative quilt for me & mom. I can tell you that the first moment I got a glimpse of my mom's initials I started to cry...the ugly cry...that seemed to come from somewhere deep in my soul.  Robin is going to finish the top and I know just where I am going to hang it, mom's home...on Quiet River.  Thank you girlfriends..."You" are my quilt which will  help me through this grieving process.

Also, I also cannot discount the value of retail therapy!  We headed over to the Center Diamond which has always been one of my favorite stores.  Although smaller than some, it really packs a punch when it comes to the fabric choices which are sold.  Enjoy the slide show which also includes a few peeks at what we are up too!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free slideshow personalized with Smilebox

7 comments:

  1. I am so jealous, I used to live in cannon beach and miss it alot...have fun and pick up a shell off of the beach for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to have some fun. It is such a hard time losing a parent. I lost my dad 6 years ago... that first year is tough in particular. I am glad you have such good friends to be there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will Ann! What a wonderful place to live! And the quilt store is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen, this weekend has been very healing but I forsee a roller coaster year follwed by a year of nice calm waters...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que casa más bonita y al lado de la playa....eso no tiene precio.

    En esa tienda hay unos quilts muy bonitos y los bloques son preciosos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosa,
    Me encanta la playa y cuando se agrega acolchar es un fin de semana perfecto. Estar con amigas me ha ayudado mucho con mi dolor. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anna! What a beautiful gesture by your friends who obviously care so much for you! A true gift from the heart. Enjoy your retreat, House looks great, ribs look so yummy as did the quilt shop! Hugs, Sandy. :)

    ReplyDelete