Monday, July 4, 2011

Surprise...All Good Things Happen In 3's & Happy 4th of July!

Sometimes life is so full that you just can't fill it into one package...and so today there will be 3!...yes, 3 different slide shows because there are so many photographs that they must be enjoyed in their own show!  And, I was lucky enough to be able to meet up with a Woolie follower from out of town!  Michelle! Today is a day where you will want to have coffee and breakfast...watch show #1, lunch...show #2 and happy hour, show #3!  Isn't life grand!  Mom is recovering nicely and is getting her "B" as in beoootch back, loving her family and loving life! GO MOM!  As you can see I FINISHED my wool 4th of July project...just in time!  I LOVE it and it is hanging outside my front door.  I did change how it hung because I really wanted to use this new hanger I bought at BJ's Quilt Basket the pattern is called Glory by Under the Garden Moon

A special tribute to QuiltWorks!  Marilyn & Dave received a beautification award from the City of Bend for The Gallery.  The First Friday events are wonderful and they have contributed in bringing the quilting community even closer together!  Thanks Marilyn and Dave! 

QuiltWorks is all ready for Quilt Week and if it's wool you are looking for, they have the best selection in Central Oregon!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Picture slideshow made with Smilebox
The Gallery had 2 wonderful shows, the July theme was "Animals" and there was a wide selection of quilts from the beautiful...to the hysterical...to the heart felt...and nostalgic.  There are ballots for your favorite quilt so be sure to cast your vote!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A slideshow design by Smilebox
Now this last slide show is going to take your breath away...so pour that Gin & Tonic and sit back...whereas, I am a quilter...Sheila K. Finzer is an artist!  She has an extensive art and fiber background and began quilting about 18 years ago.  Her quilts have been in many regional and national shows.  She is a member of the Mountain Meadow Quilters of Sunriver and The Studio Art Quilters' Association.  In this slide show I have taken some close ups so that you can see the stitching that is involved in her creations.  If you have any thread questions I am sure Sheila would know the answer! LOL
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free picture slideshow personalized with Smilebox

2 comments:

  1. It's a good thing that today is a holiday so I have enough time to look at all the slide shows. My favorite quilt element is the little mallard duck running along side the football players. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! So many wonderful quilts! You can't see it in the photo but she quilted OSU in the foreground where U of O is walking! LOL

    ReplyDelete