Followers

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Muses From a Quilter Gone Mad

Quilt Show Week is over and there is time to ponder all that was enjoyed, new people who are now "quilt friends" and to take a candid look at what is going on in my own sewing room.  Hummm, maybe this is why I like looking at other quilter's sewing rooms?  Then, I don't have to face what is going on in my own backyard!  I am currently in a face off with my mailbox!  Having signed up for 2 BOW's with Primitive Gatherings and Lisa being the generous soul, sends out a freebie each week...which means 3 BOW's.  I now look at my mail box as if it has an IRS notice hiding in it.  As you can see by my BOW design wall I have 5 freebies done which means I should have 25 stars done and 5 wool applique blocks done!...and it is Tuesday isn't it???  Which means there has been a BOW package sitting in there since yesterday but, I have not been down to the post box...if I don't have it in my hand...it doesn't exist! I may wait till Friday to pick up my mail! LOL 

Woolies was cancelled this week because QuiltWorks is trying to put the store back together after the "fabric storm" that occurred last week.  This gave me an opportunity to have a handful of people from various parts of my life to the house...and I mean handful.  My house is an illusion.  It looks huge from the street but, is actually small and can only handle a small group unless everyone wants to stand the entire time.  Which means...I have to clean a little...and this is where my facade crumbles. People are always asking me how I do everything...well, I don't.  I clean if someone is coming over. (that's a period at the end of that sentence) and I am not a "fabulous" cook.  3 times this week HH and I had cheese and crackers for dinner.  Thank god he is an easy guy!
I had to show you the "Freebie" I got from Sew Many Quilts!!!  I didn't tell you but last Tuesday was their open house to show off the shop to the locals and any quilt tourists in town...and...the power went out!  Someone had hit a pole or something and knocked the power out in a whole section of town.  When I arrived the shop was packed with no lighting and "how ya gonna pay without power?"  They figure out how to continue business but, it was challenging and they stepped up with grace.  They were going to have a drawing every so often all night but instead Sharron decided to give everyone a freebie as they left the shop with their new purchases!  How awesome was that!  And...this pattern was my freebie and I LOVE it!  I can do it in cotton or wool!  Sweet!

10 comments:

  1. OMGosh!! I LOVE this pattern!! I have never heard of a Quilt Shop giving out freebies...and YOU scored BIG time with this gorgeous pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It is a Fig Tree Pattern and I have never made one of their quilts. I see a new relationship developing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well,you are pretty close on your projects. Give yourself some credit for the effort because they look beautiful! There will be more weeks to finish after they stop coming in the mail :-)
    Love the freebie pattern. You are going to enjoy that one! I've never seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are absolutely right Loris...but, I have a dream that will be impatiently waiting at the mailbox for the next weeks blocks to arrive! ROFLOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool pattern, what size does that make up to be?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a girl after my own heart! I hate cleaning and I LOVE having cheese and crackers for supper. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed visiting Quiltworks in Bend while I was at the show. I look forward to seeing more of your woolies here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pattern is a wall hanging size, larger than I thought but you'll see a photo of it on tomorrow's blog because when a friend saw the pattern she realized that she had made it and brought it over to share!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Marlene, we are sisters from different parents! Tonight Trader Joe's Margarita pizza with fresh basil! Come on over!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Juliann, QuiltWorks is awesome and The Gallery is such a wonderful addition to our quilting community! We are proud of our quilt stores for sure. You'll definately be seeing more of the Woolies. PS. Love your name...30+ years ago we chose that name if we had a girl...alas we had 2 wonderful boys and HH didn't want to name either of the Juliann!

    ReplyDelete