Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Look In The Mirror

One thing about coming "home" is that you not only get to see family but you can get a glimpse in the mirror.  It is that mirror that sometimes gives you a fresh view of yourself or a scary view of what you could be.  It is a look at your history and your future all wrapped up into a neat package.  As I look down the canyon I soak in the beauty and yet there is truly nothing as beautiful as my own home.  As I click the heels of my tennis shoes and say...there is no place like home...I am talking about my home, sewing room and river trail.  I want to touch my stash!  all the neatly folded piles!

Checking out the quilts in my mom's home really is a glimpse into my early days of quilting.  These kimono girls were one of my favorites because the fabric was printed with a stack of playing cards that are from a Korean card game I used to play when I was a kid!
The quilt below was a class that we took at an out of town quilt shop...which now escapes me.  It was fun and for the life of me I kept cutting off my points...but the quilt is effective.
Ernie who is my mother's friend is a sailor just like her and for his 80th birthday I made this sailboat quilt... perfect pattern for this 'ol sailor.
I made this wall hanging for my mom...she has always enjoyed the ocean.

2 comments:

  1. Anna, I have not been able to read my favorite blogs lately and just read about your mother's illness. I am keeping you both in my prayers and thoughts.
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your thoughts...life is definately challenging but keeping connected with my life through the blog has been grounding!

    ReplyDelete