Saturday, May 14, 2011

Soul Sista's at Sew & Tell

Last night I was signed up for the Sew & Tell at BJ's Quilt Basket and had a wonderful time! Not only did I get to see some of my Fabric Stalkers, which I hardly ever see...ROFLOL...I made 3 new Soul Sista's, Evelyn who is the moderator for the Sew & Tell, Nancy and Wanda! You can work on what ever you want but Evelyn is there to help you with any project issues and last night Lindsey (our amazing stalker) kept the register opened so we could sew, eat, shop, sew, eat, shop...you get the idea!


I was struck by the healing power of the Sista and quilting. 2 of the participants had an extremely difficult day at work but you could see the tension start to wash off of them and within an hour, life was filled with sewing, laughter and a "YaYa" time!

I encourage all of you to take a moment just for you and sign up for one of these programs! If you are working that day, bring a project that doesn't take a lot of decision making. Let BJ's staff feed you and sell you stuff! Yes, when you sign up for an evening of sewing you get a discount on your purchases for the evening! And, right now while Vicki is away at Quilt Market all the precuts are 20% off!!!! That includes jelly rolls, fat quarters, charm packs, kits...yes, even those huge expensive one!!! For those out of town Woolies you can mail order. I am sure with a 20% discount and shipping you'll still come out ahead!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a free photo slideshow

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed quilting with all of you last night at Sit & Sew. I am back to BJs this morning to take the "Morning Trout" class. Great blog, I will be checking it everyday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun last night. Meeting three new quilters just made it better. How can I sign up for every one of the Sew-n-tells?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great time! Sure hope you didn't buy a pattern! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nancy, It was really nice meeting you! Back this morning...you rock! Hope to see you at another Sew 'n tell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gonna make sure that Lindsey just rolls over our enrollment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy I unequivocally deny any purchases that were made last night...I was drugged on good times and chocolate cream pie!

    ReplyDelete