Saturday, May 7, 2011

QuiltWorks First Friday

Last night was the May First Friday event and the featured quilter was Kathy H. Shaker and the featured group quilts were done by the Fabric Stalkers. As usually Marilyn and Dave were gracious hosts and MaryAnn created a table of goodies! I decided after reviewing my photos I would divide the night into 2 blogs. You ask why??? Well Kathy Shaker's quilts are fabulous and so I took a photo of each and everyone...and, there were several miniature art quilts. She is a wonderful teacher and walks the walk. As you look at the slides you will see that there is not a technique that she won't try and, her quilting includes all types of fabrics. She was a recent "Artist in Residence" at the Empty Spool Seminar held at the conference center in Asilomar. I have fond memories of Asilomar having grown up on the Monterey Bay. In fact when I met HH he owned at place right near Asilomar that was bought and torn down to make way for the conference center. Have fun ooohhhing and ahhhhing!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment