Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mystery



Ok, I have a mystery for all of you out in blog land. As I was cleaning my purse out I discovered this little item. HH asked me what it was and all I could tell him is that it was given to me by a very nice woman who was at Pioneer Quilts in Happy Valley. She said, "it was the greatest little quilt item." At the time she explained what it was for and how to use it but...what can I say...I am stumped! I don't know if she is ROFLOL at me right now and it was all a quilters hoax or I really need this thing and don't know why! So help me out before I throw it out! It is a soft spongy thing...looks like an ear plug and has a pin in it....I am beginning to feel real stupid right now....



Here is the pile of Fabric Stalker block quilts from 2005. They will be on display at the First Friday event in the QuiltWorks Gallery. I can't wait to show them to you. As I pressed the big creases out of them I was moved to tears and laughter at the girlfriends. We have driven each other crazy, had dramas in our lives, talked about each other...to each other, tried to solve all the issues facing one another, passed judgement, laughed till we pee'd our pants, forgiven and loved...the girlfriends are amazing.

7 comments:

  1. It looks like the new tool to pin baste quilts. You push the pin through the fabric and then put the white piece over the end of the pin...so the sharp point of the pin doesn't poke you. It replaces the safety pin for pin basting and is considered faster or easier to put on and take off that safety pins. I can't remember the brand name...I'll have to google it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get it??? if you push the safty pin through the quilt and put that thing on the sharp end how do you get it through the other side??? I have a feeling I am being really dense here! Help Loris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no, you 'sew' the straight pin onto the quilt to pin baste it together in the sandwich, pre-quilting.

    :) linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for the tutorial when you get this figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man Linda...I have a hard enough time quilting but now I have to pre-quilt...I think the one marshmallow isn't going to be enough...huh! lol I have a feeling that nice quilter is laughing at me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You stop that laughing Eileen! I can hear you all the way here!

    ReplyDelete