Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Work...I Swear I Do!

I realized that it may seem to people that read this blog that I only quilt. That I eat, breath and talk quilt. In fact, quilting is only a small portion of a very busy brain. I do work outside the home and I am also a "consultant" (which mean sucker decision maker) to a small family business...and I manage a home. But...and this is a big but...not my own butt, in fact a big but...I do utilize time pretty efficiently. In order to juggle my life I have had to figure out a way to fit it all in. My closet friends will tell you that when I have a melt down, it is usually about feeling overwhelmed...like a couple of years ago when I was on quilt retreat and I got 6 calls in one day about the family business, when all I wanted to do was quilt! So when HH asked me what I wanted to do on Mother's Day I said QUILT! and so I had the perfect day. I did not get out of my PJ's until after 1:00 PM and spent that entire time in my sewing room! I finished the top to my Green Pieces BOM from Sew Many Quilts, made the backing and the binding. I also made the backing to my sweet second cousin's quilt and now, both quilts are at the Long Arm quilters!!!! HH washed, waxed and detailed my car and cooked dinner for Robin and I! Then while we watched the movie "The Back Up Plan" (HH was upstairs watching cowboys) I finished stitching my RedWork! The only things that would have made the day even more perfect is if my boys and their families could have been here...but then I wouldn't have gotten to quilt and HH would not have detailed my car...cause he would have be out in the woods running around with his sons. It really was a perfect day!


I was bound and determined to use as much of this fabric up in my cousin Jenny's baby quilt. It is sweet but, just not my cup of tea. So, I decided to scrap it up and use it up...I actually like it better than the first one I made!


And, what do we have here???? An empty project box!!!! Green Pieces used to live in here and now I have a box to fill with a new project....hummmm what to do, what to do....

2 comments:

  1. You are definitely an organized woman! and I love the slideshows and such that you post for the rest of us...who are not all such great time managers..ahem, I mean me :-) I seem to spend alot of time letting animals in and out of the house alot...mainly, my cat, Marianne who is at this moment still pawing me to pet her.
    Lovely work on the quilt for your cousin. It is cute and pink and it will be loved. Nice empty project box ready to be filled with some new inspiration. I bought one for myself this week and get to fill it with a project to take for a sew day away...sometimes that's the only way to actually get to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Loris, I used to get nothing done because if I didn't have 4 hours to sew...forget it. Now if I have 15 mintues I take advantage and get more done! I know those animals are like children. I have come to realize that if I get out on the trail before 0630 with Enzo then he'll sleep the morning away! LOL I love retreat and sew days because I do make headway with all the inspiration around me! Tomorrow is a work day not a sewing day...hope you have a wonderful sew day!

    ReplyDelete