Sunday, May 8, 2011

Fabric Stalkers First Friday!

The Fabric Stalkers were honored to be asked to display our block quilts at QuiltWorks First Friday event for May. These quilts were made in 2005 and were on display at the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show. The challenges was one put forth by each participant to set a theme for the quilt and present the first block. The block was passed about every 30-60 days depending on our schedule and it was up to the owner of the quilt to figure out a setting. The themes were as varied as the personalities of the Fabric Stalkers. The first quilt in the slide show was my own and I chose Sunbonnet Sue because...well the Stalkers don't like her. The challenge was to make a Sue that reflected something about themselves. It is my all time favorite quilt and I printed out what each person wrote about their Sue and attached it under the block. The block at the top of the quilt was mine...Cowboy Sue for my adventuresome soul. The slide following each quilt is the block I made for that quilt. I could write a daily blog on each quilt and only wish you could see them in person! Oh and Happy Mother's Day to all you moms!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own free slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment