Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco De Mayo, Meo, Myo...

It has been one of those weeks that creeps up on you emotionally. Work has been a major challenge so being physically tired adds to my slip into melancholy. I am not sure why this year is different than any other year but, it has been 33 years since my dad passed away 2 days after his 49th birthday. The book I gave him for his birthday still sits on my mom's library wall, unread. And, so I have been a little mopey this week???? I have been disorganized and totally forgot that Mother's Day was Sunday until HH asked me what I wanted to do? He is so sweet about the holidays, any holiday which is one of the MANY things I cherish about him. Then yesterday sent me into a totally tizzy. I know this may not seem like a big deal but one of the things I love is celebrating Cinco De Mayo and I totally forgot about it until yesterday at work I realized that today I work until 6:30 PM...no way I am going to have dinner and drink a margarita toast to my dad at 7:00 PM. I wouldn't be able to sleep and Friday would be lost. Now some of you would think I am nuts...but last night at 7:00 PM when I got the call to show up to work at 5:30 AM I was doing the happy dance because it meant I got off at 4:00 PM and there was going to be celebrating in my life! Which finally brings me to a little quilting in today's blog...after all it is a blog about quilting...and occasionally cooking...and once in a while "just life" so or should I say sew...when I am feeling kinda blue the best thing for me is something quilty but something simple...no stretching the brain with one more choice...and that is where my Redwork comes in. One color, 2 types of stitching. Last night was spent watching NCIS (which I DVR) and making progress on my Redwork. Today I am ready to help someone have surgery and tonight...well, Happy Cinco De Mayo!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh! Your redwork is beautiful!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great Cinco De Mayo and a wonderful day. You deserve it. The redwork is
    beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is the background fabric you are using? it looks like prequilted fabric to me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Synthia...it totally relaxes me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy, It is amazing how wonderful my stitches are after a couple of Midori margaritas! I am encouraged by your mantra of doing a little... any thime you have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin, it used to be called Sandcastle but Moda renamed it something else...which I can't remember now. Anyhoo it is a Moda fabric and it is prequilt and wonderful because it doesn't show your cross over threads on the back. It looks funny in the photo because it still have the transfer-eze...but once that is washed off it will be fabulous!...if I say so myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely redwork pattern! I'd like to live there. :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete