Sunday, April 3, 2011

April First Friday At QuiltWorks

Although, I had started work at 0630 Friday morning I kept my mind opened to the chance that I would feel up to going to the First Friday event at QuiltWorks by the end of the day. I am glad I did. Usually I come away from these events with a spark. The Deschutes County Library chooses one book a year for their Novel Idea Program. It consists of choosing a book and making the whole month of April about the book. This is their 8th year and the first where a group of quilters chose to read and create a quilt based on some aspect of the novel. One of the highlights is having the author come to our little neck of the woods and give an author's presentation. Kapitoil by Teddy Wayne of New York City was this years choice. Marilyn of QuiltWorks opened a program for any quilter to join her in reading the book and creating a quilt. The quilts are as varied and provocative as books, displaying how one book can move individual in different ways.


There are always 2 exhibits on First Friday at QuiltWorks. The second exhibit is all about the New York Beauty. And they are all beautiful! If you are not able to make a trip to the gallery please enjoy the slide show!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Picture slideshow created with Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment