Followers

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sashiko At The Stitchin' Post

Yesterday, I took at class to learn the techniques of Sashiko Quilting at the Stitchin' Post in Sisters, Oregon. I love the format of the small technique classes they have set up for us with short attention spans! The class was from 10:00 - 12:30, which leaves lots of time for shopping! The class was full and everyone was eager to learn the new technique. There is nothing better than a short class, a professor who knows what they are talking about and a bathroom near by!

I came away from class with exactly what I wanted to learn. Now I will begin to tackle a Sashiko project which I began back in the late 1990's...oh yeah...I am talking back over a decade ago! I purchased it from "In The Beginning" which was a quilt store in Seattle, Washington which no longer is opened!

The Stitchin' Post is always a visual feast and Twigs, their home decor area was filled with new items. I did not purchase any fabric...but I did find something I had to have over in Twigs. Take a peek at the slide show and you'll see what I bought!



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free digital slideshow personalized with Smilebox

6 comments:

  1. What a great class! Thanks for sharing the photos. The stitching is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loris, As a non-hand quilter I was surprised at how fun the Sashiko stitching was! I think it has to do with the fact you are only stitchin one layer of cloth! Worth giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time. I LOVE the metal basket. Talk to you soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, I was really struggling about buying the metal basket but I justified it by not buying any fabric! LOL Can't wait to hear about your retreat and see what you accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Single Girls non-wedding ring quilt. Too bad it's templates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily, I had not idea that it used templates!...make sense though. Templates and paper piecing are not part of my life, although Suzette ( of a previous quilt room slide show) swears that the Dresden Plate is a fun pattern...and I am tempted by that. Every time I see the Single Girl pattern I can see Byonce singing and swinging her stuff!

    ReplyDelete