Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Quilter's Insomnia

I woke up at 3 AM. Yep, my stomach was talking to me and my brain wouldn't stop listening. There are many changes in store for me this year but I don't think that had anything to do with not being able to sleep...I think it must have been the green sauce I picked up at Hola's on the way home from work. I love their sauce with tortilla chips but I think I had too much. The result...awake at 3 AM. What's a person to do at that hour. One of my fondest childhood memories is of my dad...no matter what time you got up, he had already been up for several hours, sitting in the family room reading. He was a voracious reader and I am from the same gene pool. But, at 3 AM and being a quilter...Enzo and I headed to my quilt room. It is amazing what you can accomplish during those early hours. It is like you are more productive because the rest of the world is quiet. Here is what I was working on...can you guess what it will be?!

I am reading the latest book by Jennifer Chiaverini. I have read all of her books and feel like I am a member of the Elm Creek Quilters! It is light reading and I love both the historical facts of quilting that are woven into each story. I like to dream that someday I may get to go to Quilt Camp and sew with Sylvia. I was lucky enough to meet Jennifer when she gave an authors presentation in Sisters one year...and she is one of those nice people you want to call friend. This latest book is set in Hawaii and since I have taught several Hawaiian Applique classes I was especially looking forward to diving into her latest book. Can you see my little book mark peeking out of the top?


Isn't he the cutest book mark you have ever seen! A gift from a childhood girlfriend for my birthday last year. This photo doesn't really do him justice as he is very shiny and looks jewel encrusted. I only use him when I am reading a very special book.

Enjoy your Tuesday, it's snowing and I have a day off work! Today I head to Woolies!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift, it's a piece of art.
    There must be something in the air, or maybe it's just a couple of creative minds that won't quit - I too was up in the wee hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great minds create with the light of dawn!

    ReplyDelete