Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pleeeze Forgive Me....

Pleeeze forgive me "sour dough starter" gods...for I snuck out in the cover of darkness down a very slippery driveway and tossed my sour dough starter in the garbage can. I couldn't take it any more after my "new bestie" Trish who took some of the starter last week told me she (bread maker extraordinaire) was unsuccessful in making bread with the starter. I tossed it in the cover of darkness because Sandy told me to never throw starter away in the summer...so I did it to spare the neighborhood.

I am just about ready to give up on my quest to achieve cooking stardom. When I shared with the Material Girls about the arrival of my cookie molds from House On The Hill,
http://www.houseonthehill.net/ I was informed that when you make the cookies they can't be eaten for a MONTH!!! First the sourdough starter takes a freakin' 24 hours to achieve lousy bread and now the cookies take a month before you can eat them after baking...what kind of cooking madness is this????

HH thought I was crazy this morning because I was digging through the garage for the perfect nails and a hammer...by god I was a least going to enjoy these cookie molds on the wall. Once up, I felt a little better because they sure are beautiful. For now, I am going to pretend I made cookies and just enjoy the molds.

6 comments:

  1. I say stick with quilting and leave all the baking to the pros! It's alot cheaper to buy a loaf of sourdough bread and alot more fun to walk into the bakery and pick out your own cookie when you WANT it! I must say tho that you've given us all a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are soooo right, it is not as if we don't have a lot of fabulous bakeries! I am giving up on bread...but I do have to say that little bee cookie mold would make some really cute cookies????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes, a month before one can eat a cookie?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. a MONTH!!!! I know sounds crazy doesn't it! They are called Speculaas! I think all cooking sites should have warnings for those of us that are innocent to the ways of the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Anna that is funny. So I think you are better off buying a beautiful loaf of bread and heading home with it. Who knows, where you buy the bread may have some wonderful cookies also!! I say concentrate more on quilting, you know you have wonderful results there! See ya next week! YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually the Village baker has wonderful bread...and a bonus makes several different types of shortbread cookies...I may just keep those molds on the wall!

    ReplyDelete