Sunday, March 6, 2011

March First Friday At QuiltWorks

I truly enjoy the mini quilt show that QuiltWorks puts on the first Friday of each month. It is fascinating to see what local quilters are up too. For me life is incredibly busy and there is only so much stretch that can happen to my free time...First Friday allows me to touch the quilt world of Central Oregon, all in one evening. Phyllis who is the featured quilter for March has always been one of my favorites. Her work is personal and so amazing, it is like seeing a part of her life.

The Journeys group which was the group display is well know for pushing the quilting envelope. But, what was really enjoyable was to see their table runners. Each person in the group made a table runner for another member, taking into consideration some aspect of the receiver. Such a wonderful gift for each other.

I hope you enjoy the slide show as much as I enjoyed being there and don't forget if you missed Friday night, the quilts hang in the gallery throughout the month of March!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free photo slideshow generated with Smilebox

3 comments:

  1. There are alot of interesting quilts there. I will have to check it out on Tues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was hard for me to pick a favorite from Phyllis's quilts...they are all so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous quilts.
    I always enjoy your slide shows.

    ReplyDelete