Monday, March 7, 2011

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

"...it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness; it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity" ah, these words written by Charles Dickens rang true for me Saturday at my BOM at BJ's. I am not sure what the outcome of the experience will be but, I do know that something is not functioning in River City and Vicki will figure it out and make it better for us.

There are 2 BOM's running each first Sat. The more complicated one takes detailed instruction and is very appreciated by the participants...but as a bonehead who opted for the mystery (which is easier) I must sit through the instructions of the other. It is excruciating...the entire time all I can think about is, "I could be shopping!!!!" instead I feel like poking my eye out with a sharp pencil.

The disappointing part is several participants brought show 'n tell which they never got to show 'n tell because an "hour" was used for the instructions of the beautiful more complicated quilt! I love the show 'n tell, I get to see what other people have been working on...and they get to receive some kudos. And, we all know some weeks we could use a pat on the back to take us through the next week!

Anyhoo...It maybe a "mission impossible" for Vicki to please us all but, I have high hopes for next months experience, in the meantime enjoy the little slide show!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A free photo slideshow by Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment