Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Transfer-Eze

Transfer-eze comes in a pack of 15, 8 x 10 sheets. You can find it at many quilt shops but our local ones were out so I ordered my pack on line from Bird Brain Designs, http://www.birdbraindesigns.net/ It is now my new favorite notion product because with the life style I have...time is money!

The Transfer-Eze comes in a pack of 15 8x 10 sheets that can be run through a copy machine. You just put one sheet at a time in the paper feeder, lay out your pattern on the glass and press copy. Simple as that...and the time saving is huge. The other added benefit is that it is easy to see for these AARP eyes!


I chose this Bird Brain Design for my practice piece with Transfer-Eze. I loved the idea of practicing different stitches, redwork and an over sized pattern to see how the trasfer eze worked. Because my next project is "over the hills and through the woods" and it is a huge embroidered pieced quilt!

I laid out my pattern and decided where the dividing line would be to fit on the transfer-eze paper.
Because my pattern was larger than the 8 x 10 sheets I just photocopied the pattern in two segments.

To separate the transfer-eze from the backing I put on a pair of reading glasses and used a pin. Then it peeled apart without problem.
Because my pattern was larger than the 8 x 10 sheets I just copied it in segments which worked out perfect.
Took less than 10 minutes from start to finish and now I am ready to start stitching my sampler!
You just start stitching and when your project is done you peel and cut away the excess and wet your project with cold water to melt away the left over transfer-eze! Sweet!!!

This project is one Anne Bryson is working on and I was amazed at how easy it was to see the pattern. Anne saved my embroidered life with the transfer-eze suggestion!

14 comments:

  1. Fantastic!! I have got to find some of that!! Thanks for the tutorial!!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to love it! I even had to show my DH step by step cause I was sooo happy!

    just to put a bug in your ear...Sandy F is going to Holly Hills today!!! I didn't want to suffer alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing that with us because I have seen in the Bird Brain newsletter and wondered about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your welcome Carrie...I love that there is a quilting elf out there who thinks of new items to make our lives easier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this stuff too. I bought a 30 sheet pack from the Bird Brain booth when they were down here for Road to California. I was using the Solvy stuff that Anne showed on her blog once but this is much better in my humble opinion! I love embroidery too, but not the tracing. This stuff even works well on dark fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so hooked on Transfer Eze. They even have a larger roll for larger projects, which I take to Staples and use their copier!! So-o-o-o-o-o-o easy!!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth, I am soooo green with envy...someday I am going to go to The Road to California!!! I had to tell HH how easy this stuff was compared to tracing!

    Pam, how much does Staples charge and how big a piece can you copy...and...and...where do I get the larger roll????

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this product and use it regularly. In fact I just finished using a full package. Makes embroidery so much easier - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL...Darlene I used a whole package just printing because it was sooo cool. Now I have a pile of embroidery WIP's and UFO's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the post about this product. I've been wanting to try some and your tips explained some questions I had. Now my order from Bird Brain is on the way. Can't wait :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loris...don't you just love Bird Brain! I love the name and their patterns! Have fun...once you use transfer-eze...you never go back! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anna, Thanks so much for this blog. I've been trying to transfer the pattern to the thicker fabric I purchased for Over the River without satisfactory results. Can't wait to receive this - my order is on its Way! Rita

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rita, my next task is to change the color of my printer and be able to print the Sashiko design on dark blue Japaness fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oppps spelling off...Japanese

    ReplyDelete