Saturday, February 5, 2011

Quilt Icing

Last night was Quilt Icing after a very long day at work. One of the highlights of the evening was meeting Kyle, Phyllis Dickenson's grandson. I totally believe that we have to support our young, especially when they using their creativity! Phyllis is a local quilting celeb...having been a former featured quilter of the Sister's Quilt Show and someone who is willing to share her knowledge with other quilters. So of course she would have a grandson who is a budding entrepreneur! He is the proprietor of Better Boards a big board ironing board business. Obviously if his grandma's quilts turn out that great after the fabric is ironed on the better board...they must be great! If you would like to contact Kyle and order your better (big) ironing board or just to drop him an encouraging word, his email is BetterBoards@gmail.com

There is nothing better after a 10 hour work day to be able to attend a quilt function featuring Tonye Phillips and The Juniper Berries!

Tonye Phillips was raised in Portland Oregon where she learned hand work from her mother, Marjorie Hood. In 1992 she fell hard for the art of quilting! She is passionate about hand applique and quilting, has been published several times and is a sought after "quilt professor!" Her home base (lucky for us) is Camp Sherman where her creative juices flow freely! She is an active member of the Sisters Art Community and her works can be found through out Central Oregon. Her current show can be seen in the gallery at QuiltWorks throughout the month of February.

Around the Central Oregon Quilt Community when your hear the words Juniper Berry...you don't think about the tree berries but, of the Juniper Berry Quilt group that meets in Sisters. Each year when I attend the Sisters Outdoor Quilt show http://www.sistersoutdoorquiltshow.org/ I seek out the Juniper Berry group exhibit. They create the most amazing group challenges and, are supportive of the individuality that each member brings to their art. Phyllis Dickenson, a Juniper Berry will be the featured quilter at the First Friday March event sponsered by QuiltWorks.

I hope you enjoy the slide show of both Tonye Phillip's work and the Juniper Berries as much as I did!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another photo slideshow by Smilebox

7 comments:

  1. Your pictures show the most fun and whimsical quilts I've seen in a long time.
    I always enjoy your slideshows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you Eileen, Tonye's quilts are always a surprise and the berries...well every year I look forward to seeing what they have come up with!

    Thank you Nikki...love your photo! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn.. I completely forgot about it. Why didn't you call me? We could have driven in the dark together. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man Anne...I went directly from work...just downhill from the hospital and then home before 6:30!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna,
    I know Tonye and love her work! Did I tell you that she and I are neighbors? I'm one street over from her in Camp Sherman (though we're just part-timers there). Small world, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooohhh Joanna, I would love to own a little piece of heaven in Camp Sherman and then to have such interesting neighbors! I am toying with the idea of signing up for the Tonye and Sue work shop in Sept!

    ReplyDelete