Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bounce Back Quilter!


To make myself feel better about my Sue Spargo rejection I decided to sign up for a class in March...yes, one needs to sooth a wounded soul quickly. When the Stitchin' Post spring/summer class schedule arrived I immediately got on the net and signed up for Bev Kings, Sashiko Quilting class. Why you ask? I have a UFO originally purchased from Jason Yenter in Seattle when he and his mother still had a store front!!! In The Beginning!!! Do you know how long ago that was! But I figure now I will be able to get it started, especially since I think I am going to try the trasfer-eze!!!!!

I have decided since I was way down the list of Sue Spargo's class during the Quilter's Affair in July I would change my application (rejection is soooo hard for me). I have moved my "Spargo" application to 2 lectures and one "sit 'n stitch." The first lecture is called Material Obsession by Kathy Doughty...not sure obsession applies to me...how about you? The second one is "Blending Cultures:Aboriginal Fabrics With Contemporary Quilting" and since I am of a blended culture...I think this will be enjoyable. On Friday I signed up for a "Sit 'n Stitch" with Colleen Blackwell. In the past when I taught at the Quilter's Affair, I found Colleen such an enjoyable person to be around...so, what fun it will be to just sit and sew on my own project while being entertained by Colleen!!!! Friday evenings program is in the park, "Eat. Breath. Quilt" with Jennifer Keltner...not sure this one applies to me also???

So I hope you will join me...I love having company while creating new UFO's...but this year's Quilter's Affair will...for me...not be about UFO's but filling the heart and soul with quilters stimulation!!!

6 comments:

  1. Did you know that Sue Spargo is going to be at the Buggy Barn in Reardon, WA at the end of August?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up Jan! I am going to have to start saving up my vacation time at work because chasing down Sue Spargo is kinda like "where in the world is Waldo?" Is that the buggy barn that makes those awesome patterns and books????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Pam and Janet do a terrific job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, I wish I could live at Buggy Barn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! Maybe I'll see you there this summer. I'm planning on taking a class there in August, just don't know which one yet as they haven't posted the classes available, just whose going to be teaching. Last year we took the Blackbird Design class. It was one the greatest classes ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooohhh I am green with envy! Take photos and send some to me...I can live vicariously through my friends!

    ReplyDelete