Saturday, January 8, 2011

BOM 2011

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a slideshow

Today was the first Saturday of BJ's block of the month! Wow, it seemed to me that there were even more people this year than last...we show up like lemmings running towards the fabric! AND, I was shocked at the number of people who raised their hands to say this was their very first BOM! BOM VIRGINS! I remember so well the stress of my first BOM, the not knowing...the insecurity...trying to figure out all the lingo!

I did get up at 0400 this morning to put the final border on my 2010 BOM so I could be in the drawing for quilting by Sandy Lachowski...now I am ready for a nap! But...even if I don't win I am still happy to have a completed top and binding made, rather than another project still in pieces!

A friend of mine turned me on to making the binding right when you finish the top, so that if you have to put it aside for a while you won't be searching for that piece of fabric to make the binding only to discover you used it up in another project. That is what I love about quilters...someone always has an opinion or suggestion!

The 2011 BOM mystery that I signed up for was 1930's fabrics! I do not own any 30's fabrics so this is going to be a definite mystery for me and I almost threw up a fabric ball when I saw the lavender fat quarter I was given...yuck! But, that is what a mystery BOM is all about...the wild ride of the unknown mixed with the laughter of your girlfriends!

No comments:

Post a Comment